Back row, from left to right: Jim Roberts, Adam Moore, Trent Freiberg, Jim Nield, Eric Laverentz, Brian Conway, Mitch Kramer, Paul Fredrickson
Front row, from left to right: Katie Eliot, Lindsey Leonard, Heather Watson, Tracy Nesselrode, Jeff Oakes, Roddy Bates, Brent Benn, Dr. Al King
Board of Directors (BOD)
Oklahoma Christian School is guided by its mission and overseen by the OCS Board of Directors that meets on the third Tuesday of every month. The board consists of parents of current OCS students. Members are nominated each spring and elected by existing board members. The OCS board in turn elects officers who serve as executive officers (chair, vice chair, and secretary) and various other standing committee functions. The term of office is two years, and membership may be renewed twice (for a total of six consecutive years). The OCS Board of Directors’ duties include the following:
- Meet monthly for full BOD meeting (3rd Tuesday of each month);
- Attend and participate on BOD committees;
- Establish policies to effectively govern the school and review current polices;
- Establish strategic goals for the school and govern the school to achieve these goals;
- Appoint a senior administrator (headmaster). Empower this person to carry out the daily operations and provide formal evaluations of the headmaster;
- Establish the qualifications and compensation for the headmaster as well as the base-salaries for administration, teachers, and staff;
- Provide financial oversight for the school.
- Develop long term financial plans, review and approve annual operating budgets, and review and approve monthly financial statements;
- Ensure that an annual review of the financial records is made by a Certified Public Accountant who is not associated with the school or related to any of its members;
- Enter into contracts or other agreements for the benefit of the school and prescribe the duties of any person or entity entering into such contract. Safeguard the assets of the school;
- Support the merits and purposes of Christian education;
- Oversee marketing and fundraising efforts for the school and actively promote and support the school in the community.
- Is a born-again Christian, having accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
- Willingly supports the OCS Statement of Faith.
- Understands the vision, mission, and core values of the School and shares its basic philosophy.
- Adheres to the fundamental principle that the beginning of wisdom is to trust in, rely on, and reverence God. In order to promote this principle, a member of the Board must insist on quality education standards that are consistent with biblical principles.
- Seeks the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit in their personal life and in the management of the School.
- Promises to undergird the school by their prayers.
- Promises to faithfully attend the meetings of the Board or committee and organization meetings.
- Pledges to bring to meetings the spirit of Christian love and cooperation which will allow frank and open discussion while maintaining a constructive gracious spirit which will preserve Board unity and contribute to the ultimate good of the school.