Oklahoma Christian School’s mission is to partner with families in educating the whole person to glorify God.
Through a comprehensive Christian education, students will be prepared to successfully function and provide leadership in our society with increased dependency on Jesus Christ for every facet of their lives.
The OCS philosophy is embodied in the schoolś core values:
As a school community, we will surrender to the Lordship of Christ and His Word. We will practice a prayerful, worshipful lifestyle, and approach spiritual growth in a manner that engages both the heart and mind. We will center our curricular and co-curricular programs on a biblical worldview. We will accept hardship, realizing that God uses challenging circumstances to shape our character. We will help our students develop a “Great Commission” lifestyle, so they will prioritize the kingdom of God above all things.
We will provide a college preparatory curriculum, utilizing effective, research-based instructional methods and resources. We will work to ensure that students are actively engaged in their own learning. We will employ qualified faculty and ensure that they are prepared for the demands of 21st century teaching by conducting ongoing professional development.
We will ensure the physical and emotional safety of our school community. We will work to develop trust-based relationships among our staff, parents, and students. We commit to resolving conflict in a biblical manner. We will foster mentoring relationships between teachers and students. We will create an environment where students of different age groups can interact with each other. We will embrace the diversity of the Body of Christ. We will act as a good neighbor to the Edmond community.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that in Jesus Christ all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority." Colossians 2:9-10
- We believe that the Bible (scripture) is the only perfect, inerrant, inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God and "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work." II Timothy 3:16-17
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is God’s eternal Son. Born of a virgin, He took the form of man and through His sinless life He taught men how to live. He was crucified as a sacrifice for our sins. He rose from the dead and returned to Heaven to prepare a place for us. He will come again to receive all believers into the presence of God.
- We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature. We believe in the justification of many by grace through faith in the shed blood of Christ. We believe men and women were created in God’s image, were tempted by Satan and rebelled against God. We believe through repentance and personal faith in Christ, we become known as “Christians”; we are forgiven of our sins, reborn in a new relationship with God and placed into the body of Christ.
- We believe in a future resurrection -- the saved unto the resurrection of life and the lost unto the resurrection of eternal death.
- We believe marriage, as sanctioned by God in the Bible, joins one man and one woman in an exclusive union. We affirm the biblical principles relating to marriage and sexuality as detailed in the OCS policy on Sexual Immorality, Sexuality and Biblical Marriage.