Duties of the OCS Board of Directors
Oklahoma Christian School is guided by its mission and overseen by the OCS Board of Directors that meets on the third Tuesday of every month. The board consists of parents of current OCS students. Members are nominated each spring and elected by existing board members. The OCS Board of Directors elects officers who serve as executive officers (chair, vice chair, and secretary) and various other standing committee functions. The term of office is two years, and membership may be renewed twice (for a total of six consecutive years). The OCS Board of Directors’ duties include the following:
Candidates for the OCS Board of Directors must meet the following qualifications:
- Board members must be the parent/guardian of a current student of OCS (student must have attended OCS for at least one year) or meet one of the following requirements:
- Candidate has a child or grandchild who previously attended OCS as a student for one or more years.
- Candidate has attended OCS for one or more years.
- Candidate has a grandchild that has been enrolled at OCS for at least one full year. d. Candidate was previously an employee of OCS.
- Candidate otherwise demonstrates to the BOD his/her passion for the business and mission of OCS.
- Is born-again, having accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal savior.
- Understands the vision and mission of the school and shares its philosophy.
- Is convinced that the program offered by OCS is a proven venture in Christian character building.
- Adheres to the fundamental principle that the beginning of wisdom is to trust in, rely on, and revere God. In order to promote this principle, a member of the Board must insist on quality education standards that are consistent with biblical principles.
- Seeks the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit in one’s personal life and in the leadership of the school.
- Promises to under-gird the school with prayer.
- Promises to faithfully attend the meetings of the Board.
- Pledges to promote unity and strive for harmony as a faithful board member.
Board of Directors (2018-2019)
Lance Baker - Vice Chairman
Linda Catania - Treasurer
Al King - Headmaster/President
Jennifer Pigott - Secretary
Geoff Roubik- Chairman